[WWI] Nieuport Progress

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Wed Aug 11 07:12:06 EDT 2004

Warren!
>  Question:  How do ya'll do those
> little "riblets" between the full ribs?

Same as the ribs, applyig them before the full chord ribs. I glue them with
varnish, a bit lenghtier than necessary and after that I cut them to exact
lenght using a penciled line as a guide, scraping or tearing out the
remaining strip. Use a new blade to trim the riblets and avoid marring the
surrounding wing surface.

>    Also, I suppose the best way to replicate the rib tapes on the
> underside would be with decal strips.

Sometimes just lightly scribing paralell lines (gluing togheter two #11
blades) makes the grade.
D.