[WWI] Enamel PC-10

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 17:59:23 EDT 2004

Bill

>Do any of the major paint manufacturers (Humbrol, Model Master, etc...)
>make an enamel PC-10 or something equivalent?  I'm looking for something
>straight out of the bottle... too lazy to mix paint and close is close
>enough for me.

You want olive drab.  That's a fairly neutral point sitting midway along the
"PC.10 was greenish" to "PC.10 was brownish" continuum, and matches quite
well with most museum restorations too.

I use

Humbrol 155 (which is satin) or Hu66 (which is matt)

or

Modelmaster 1711 if I want a paint which isn't as bombproof as Humbrol

or

Gunze 304 if I want to use acrylic

I assume other ranges will have equivalents. Add brown or green to shift any
of them one way or the other to taste

Shane

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise