[WWI] Hello from Phoenix

Dickinson ibs4421 at onlineky.com
Mon Aug 9 12:00:58 EDT 2004

"6.  Atlanta's convention will be held in Marietta well northwest of the
downtown, and well into Civil War territory for those interested in that
conflict."

Oh yeah!  The Atlanta Campaign of '64 was something I specialized in
back in the late 80's/early 90's.  Unfortunately, the route to Atlanta
from Chattanooga that Sherman took (he was an engineer in the pre-war
days and mapped all of the terrain) is also the same route chosen for
I-75.  About 90% or more of the relevant sites are either under the
interstate, mini-murder-marts, or suburbs.  There are a few, good sites
left.  Feel free to contact me off-list if anyone is interested in a
tour.

Warren
Formerly a hard-core campaigner type and on the volunteer living history
staff at Pickett's Mill Battlefield State Historic Site.