[WWI] Ford Model T

Steve Cox steve at oldglebe.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 16:43:26 EDT 2004

on 8/8/04 4:39 pm, Michael Kendix at mkendix at hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I was at the Howard County Fair in Maryland yesterday and there was a Model
> T truck there.  It had a license tag with '1925' so it's not strictly
> on-topic.  However, I read that there was very little change in design -
> would pictures of this truck be of interest?
>
> Michael

I went to the Festival of History near Coventry UK on Saturday. There were
two Model T ambulances there and a horse drawn cart used for stretcher
cases. By the RFC tent there were a handful of flechettes of different
types, plus an array of flying clothing, and typical kit used by the troops
at that time. For the stronger stomached there was a field hospital with
operating theatre. In the camp was a motorcycle, so I have pictures of that
as well.
ot  I got to see talks by Julian Richards on Stonehenge and Terry Jones on
mediaeval living, the Romans defeating Queen Boudicca, Wellington defeating
Napolean, and St George killing the dragon.

Today I went to the MAVFA nationals at IWM Duxford, and took along my
collection of OT tanks and vehicles. In the American Hall there was a
bookfair, and I bought a copy of Lamberton's Recce and Bomber Aircraft to
add to the collection.
There was also a Rolls-Royce Day happening with hundreds of 'rollers' on
site. I took some photos of the two c. 1914 models, though there was no
evidence they had been used by the military.

Tomorrow I'm going back to work for a rest   :-)
regards
Steve
steve at oldglebe.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.oldglebe.freeserve.co.uk/steveshome.html