[WWI] Fokker V.8 quintuplane

Carlos Carreira carlos.carreira at netcabo.pt
Sun Aug 8 15:10:00 EDT 2004

Edi,

The same photo is in "Fokker, The man and the aircraft" with the following

"V.8 - Summer, 1917. Engine 120 h.p. Mercedes. Quintuplane.
Using some of the V.6 components, this quintuplane was completed under
Fokker's orders but in spite of Platz's better judgement. The addition of
the 'biplane' wings at the mid-fuselage position was revolutionary and quite
unsuccessful. Reports state that after two flights by Fokker it was
abandoned."

Let's hope that your model behaves better!

Cheers

Carlos