[WWI] dECALS:

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Fri Aug 6 09:38:26 EDT 2004

>Hi Gang:  I wonder if the Microscale (?) series of sets of decal stripes aren't still available?

I don't know, but I agree, they are extremely useful

>Also several of the Model R.R. companies produce smaller sheets for RR model use....(color selections not as good and sheets >much smaller.)   They come in sheets with varying widths and most all of the most used colors.

I got some of these, forget the brand, but they are next to useless
because they're so thick, and don't have sharp edges.

> I never had any luck trying to spray a full sheet of decal paper and then cut stripes out...as careful as you can be, the >>knife always left a slight raised edges/ edges that looked terrible when applied to the model...good luck...Bob Horton

You need to use an extremely sharp knife, and angle your wrist carefully,
you should have the knife as close to paralell to the table as possible.
I do this all the time, works great for me. High quality decal paper is a must though.
/Neil C.