[WWI] Painting Decal Paper

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 17:29:07 EDT 2004

Warren, I've had success with both. A couple of points:

Paint all of your stock first, don't cut it into stripes until it is
painted. The paint and overcoat of clear decal film or lacquer will seal the
edges and cause the decal film to rip when you try to slide it off.

Do use a clear overcoat of clear decal film or clear lacquer.

Make up only a little more than you plan to use. It tends to dry out and get
hard to use after a few weeks.

Use only enough paint to get it opaque, too thick a coat of paint and the
decal gets hard to apply.. It can even curl up wth the painted side inside.

hth
sp