[WWI] Roseparts VLE interior for D.VII

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Wed Aug 4 07:03:12 EDT 2004

Ed!
> Anybody have a Roseparts VLE-1/72 D.VII interior set they want to sell?

I had. But even when I'm always satisfied with Rosemont products, these PE
interior ensembles were the exception (apart from the Albatros D.V set) They
are a bit too wide to fit inside the fuselage -unless you sand the walls
thin- and the tubular frames of the cockpit never look right being flat and
slightly wide for the tube gauge one expects to see inside a 1/72 airframe.
An option would be to cut free the assembly sides and attach separately,
replacing also the floor, but that makes the "quick" assembly pointless.
The cockpit structure is rather simple and I advise to make your own side
walls from stretched sprue and assorted PE bits. Not even PART frames will
look as nice as real round sectioned sprue.
HTH
D.