[WWI] Removing mold release

charles scitchrs at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 4 05:39:28 EDT 2004

Hi, listfriends--

I have been making some progress on the Ardpol SAML S.2 kit (the closer I
look at the parts, the more I marvel at what a wonderful kit this is), but
have been having a problem with a hard, shiny, transparent substance which
is caked on some of the parts.  It does not come off when I scrub the part
with a toothbrush and lukewarm water with some dishwashing detergent in it,
and I only made progress when I started chipping it away with a hard pointed
object.  I am afraid this approach will damage the very fine surface of the
pieces--can someone suggest a better method?

Give me some help soon, please, guys and gals--I am finally making some
progress, again, on a model, which even looks like I might finish it!

Charlie Schaaf, puzzled in Forks, Washington