[WWI] Albatros DIII Oeffag cockpit

Octávio Mântua octavio.mantua at netcabo.pt
Wed Aug 4 02:25:03 EDT 2004

Hello again,

First of thanks to everybody that replied to my Fokker EV question! My
current project, a roden Albatros DIII Oeffag has come to a sort of a
standstill (inspite of the precious help from Pedro Soares) when I saw the
chair being used in the reconstruction of an albatros DIII by Memorial
flight (http://memorial.flight.free.fr/indexuk.html). The seat (see site
picture) has some holes where apparently the seatbelts pass. My principal
questions are:
-how are the back straps of the seatbelt attached?
-was the chair left in plain wood or was it covered in leather or fabric?

Best regards,
Octávio

PS: I sent an email to Memorial Flight but unfortunatly they could not give
me mucho more info.

PS2: To Rafael Pelote: Combinei com o Pedro almoçar na proxima semana na
Terça-feira. Para ti pode ser?