[WWI] Windsock in the US?

Dave Townsend townsend at patriot.net
Tue Aug 3 13:28:40 EDT 2004

Bill Weckel wrote:

> I'd also like to get a
> subscription to Windsock International.  Is it best to buy the copies
> mail order or to get a subscription direct from the UK?

If you subscribe directly from Albatros Pubs, you can do surface mail
or airmail.  In an attempt to save money, I did the former and I'm
not real happy at how much difference it makes shipping from the UK to
the US.  Typically I'm getting issue X a couple of weeks after everyone
else is talking about issue X+1.   I think that when my subscription
expires, I'll probably either opt for airmail or subscribe from Wise Owl
or Roll Models.

On the other hand, when I've ordered back issues and specials via mail
order, they get sent out very promptly by airmail and I typically get
them within a week or so.

Dave Townsend
townsend at patriot.net