[WWI] WasFree Flight now tissue loz

tskio4 at cox.net tskio4 at cox.net
Tue Aug 3 13:13:38 EDT 2004

> What ink do you use? I've made the experience with fiddlersgreen's paper models that the ink bleaches out after 1-2 years.
>
> Edi

The process that Arizonamodel aircrafters calls for is to take  a sheet for modeling tissue.  Just about any tissue from an office supply store will work, tape it to a sheet of 8-1/2 by 17 (legal) and print the loz in your color printer using the standard inks  The one airplane I did this on 4 years ago, a Fokk D-VIII hasn't faded.  The only negative I found was that the standard thinned nitrated dope I use out of habit, tended to make the colors in the LOZ bleed a little.  I want to try again using the newer laqure techniques and see if the colors stay crisp.

MrT