[WWI] NieVI wing update

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Tue Aug 3 07:12:12 EDT 2004

I made a new embossed skin for the top wing, and last night I glued
it on. Straight this time, not completely perfect, but good enough
I think. The extremely curved wing makes it difficult for the plastic
skin to follow the surface, so I go a bit of a bubble at the root,
and of course the classic problem with the Harry Woodman method, the
wingtip. I managed to get a razor in between the skin and wing, so
I could loosen it, and reglue, more or less eliminating the bubble,
made a little mess, but nothing that can't be repaired with sandpaper
and more CA. I slit the wingtips, while I was glueing on, and let
them overlap as I pressed down, they look a mess, but I reckon to
just sand them vigourously, then repair. So now for the other wing!
/Neil C. (its raining, and I'm at work:-))