[WWI] Re: WWI Digest, Vol 1, Issue 740

MARK MILLER mark_.m at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 30 13:53:42 EST 2003

Hi Jeff
No, I don't think there was this much variation in lozenge
colors in WW1.
Fact is - this is not a painted scheme, and with a few
exceptions was not created in the field.
the fabrick was dyed at the factory, so I think we can expect a
certain amount of uniformity.
Yeah, dye lots vary a lot - but not THAT much. ;-)

also, according to DSA - all the lozenge fabrick was made by one
source.
Mark