[WWI] Added: SPAD 13

Lance Krieg lance.krieg at amerus.com
Tue Dec 30 09:59:18 EST 2003

Warren asks Dave:

"How did you treat the p/e struts in the middle?  Did you
use them?"

And I will barge in with an answer, since I'm sitting here.  I used
them, on that kit and several others, and fattened them up in two ways:

A thinned body putty, painted on, will add some dimension, and it tends
to self-level so minimal sanding is necessary.  Use Testors liquid
cement on Squadron (or any other) putty to develop a good flowing
consistency.

Plastruct and other companies make a number of useful shapes, and
half-rounds can be cemented over the strut.  If the half-rounds are too
big, stretch them like any other sprue.  This is a lot easier than
trying to flatten one side of an airfoil shape.

HTH

Lance