[WWI] Re: N-numbers, and a repeat of my OT Fokker question

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:55:32 EST 2003

>From: "Brad Gossen" <bigglesrfc at sympatico.ca>
>We later were told that a flat spin could occur from a
>stall with flap.

I've stalled em(Traumahawks) both in the VS and VSO configs and never
approached a spin unless I kicked in rudder because I wanted to spin it(Not
recomended).

 > Belatedly we were also told the solution was to open the doors
>during the spin in order to disturb the airflow around the fuselage and
>allow a change in attitude.  I don't know of anyone else that was ever in a
>position to try this.

I've heard of this method too, but I've never had need to try it. I have
used open doors for  airbrakes on a 152 once or twice, but that was just for
fun.

>    OT:  There is a photo showing the underside of the port wing of  Dr.I
>426/17 on page 83 of The Osprey Dr.I Aces book.  The Balkenkreuz appears to
>retain the white panel.  The photo was taken prior to the adding of the 'E'
>on the fuselage.

Is that the shot if him standing next to the plane in a line up? Dave 13
sent me that photo, which I saved, but now cant find anywhere. Anyway,
that's the answer I needed. Thanks.

>Cheers & Happy Roman Pagan Festival!

Et tu  Babe!
E.