[WWI] Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, and welcome

Nigel Rayner nigel at rosnar.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 20:27:22 EST 2003

All,

I'd like to wish everyone on the list a very happy Christmas or if you
don't celebrate that, then just goold old fashioned best wishes, and
best of luck to everyone in the new year. I know in 04 we've got the US
invasion of the Nats to look forward to, along with the list invasion of
the Mannock trophy. May the list continue to be a source of inspiration
and friendship.

I'd like to welcome to Michal and good old Mike Cooper to the list. It
seems like only last week I was having a curry with Mike in Reading. Oh,
it *was* last week! Mike finally succumbed and joined the list and
that's a good thing as he is hugely knowledgable on matters WWI-related,
especially British tanks (he is far too modest too admit his expert
status in this area). He's also an excellent modeller and a jolly nice
chap.

Finally, I just got the Jan/Feb 04 Windsock! Quite a good issue, not a
lot of meodelling stuff (apart from an article by St. Harry), but lots
of good content apart from that, especially the article on a captured
Breguet 14 with a nice profile by Bob.

Cheers and all the best for 04,

Nigel R (about to head for the bar)