[WWI] silver dope

Lance Krieg lance.krieg at amerus.com
Tue Dec 23 15:40:59 EST 2003

Ray wisely points out:

"I don't like airbrushing metalics since cleaning the airbrush after is
a bitch..."

It is indeed.  I keep a separate tip for metallics, as those little
metal particles will just keep coming back.  And I have separate brushes
and thinner for metallics, for the same reason.

In fact, I thin metallics with turpentine, whereas I use mineral
spirits for other colors.  I don't know where I picked this up, but
somehow I have it in my head that turpentine-thinned paint dries a
little glossier than those thinned with mineral spirits.  Anyone else
heard this?  Or have I lost my mind altogether?

Lance