[WWI] Engine Paints....was silver dope

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 09:33:40 EST 2003

My favorite recipe for rotaries is two coats of Pactra Acrylic Gunmetal(A
nice, medium grey metalic) followed with a raw umber wash for the burnt oil
grime.
For in-line mercs, I base my paint scheme on my pics of Dave Watt's
engine(silver crank case, white cylinder bases, black jugs). Havven't built
anything with a Hisso, Argus, Liberty, or Sunbeam Arab  yet, so I have no
idea what I'd use on that. Probably something along th elines of Lances
recipe.
E.