[WWI] Christmas present, LOTR etc.

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Tue Dec 23 10:35:26 EST 2003

Hi all,
What a nice evening we had yesterday. We won tickets
to the final part of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and
what a film it is, really good, as good as the first one,
the Oliphaunts are amazing, Gimli as funny as ever, and
Diego you're going to love this one, lots of preciousss,precioussssssssss........
from our old friend Gollum. Naturally there were lots of things
a ring freak like me dislike, but what the heck it's only
a film, and it's so wonderful to see it all. Highly recommended!
Then when I got home there was a parcel plastered with
Portugese orchid stamps waiting for me. I happened to mention
a book about early airliners to Carlos, and he just ups and sends
it to me! And a silver Portugese Spad painting as well! Thanks
a million Carlos:-) BTW I'm coming around to silver doped Spads
this one looks really nice, and is definitely now on my "to build"
list. What did that Brazilian Spad end up as? Silver and 13 or
CDL and 7, I'm afraid I've forgotten already.
/Neil C.
(-14C and snow, but it's due to rain away on christmas eve)