[WWI] Solvaset Question, was DVII blues

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 03:52:42 EST 2003

Warren:

First, I use Future on the surface to prepare for the decal - give the
Future a day at least to cure.  If you get Solvaset on uncured Future, it'll
cloud it. I don't dilute it exactly but if I think I've put too much on, I
slap on the Microset(acetic acid - vinegar smellin stuff) a bit.  Don't use
too much and wet it first with Microset or water.  Smooth down, then brush
on a little amount of Solvaset.  Don't touch!!  It melts the decal & if you
touch the melted decal, you'll damage it.  It might look a little crinkly
but it'll settle down.  Try it out first on a piece of spare plastic. Best
to leave the room while it's working and start the bottle of Grand Marnier.

Michael