[WWI] Wright Flight - in retard

Martin Héctor AFFLITTO ECHAGÜE mhae at fibertel.com.ar
Sat Dec 20 11:22:06 EST 2003

 Dear Listees

 I was late in sending this letter,because the repairs in my house have
disconnected me from the world...
I want to ask you a question about the Flyer.

Only as a demonstration they turned on the engine of the Bleriot 1909,they
were sane enough not fly it,as
they wanted.Well,it almost went alone,they've forgotten that,that plane has
to be stopped by breaking it
manually,in front of the river it was going to fly alone!!!!!!

Did Some of the reproductions that were made based on the 1903 drawings fly?
  Here in Argentina one was made;and it was suered that it was exactly as
the original one,the University of
San Luis backed it up.
The engines well heated,at maximuim rate,wind of 42km/h,ran  the take off
track and at the end it fell down
like a potato.
I've seen the one presented to Mr.Bush??
Nobody can build a reasonable reproduction after a 100 years????!!!!

Martin H Afflitto Echagüe
Merry Chrismas for all of you!!!!