[WWI] Why do you always find out about colours after the model is finished.

wwi@wwi-models.org wwi@wwi-models.org
Mon Dec 15 13:43:00 2003

http://www.voughtaircraft.com/gallery/historic/V173_Pancake1.htm

> http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero/aircraft/images/vought-sikorsky_v-173.jpg

Oh boy a study in tones!  Dave the colorline your seeing in the top shot is probably just the diffece reflectivity of the metal vs fabric colored areas.  Not the fins and stabs are silver and there is a shade difference from them and the adjacent fabric and yet still different from the nose sections.  Also note that your second picture is later in the test program the round stars have been replaced with stars and bars.  I think yellow top and wraparound with silver bottoms and flight controls is probably safest.  You also may have chrome yellow fabric and a deeper yellow nose.

Don't panic

MrT