[WWI] EE Aviatik D.1

ernest thomas wwi@wwi-models.org
Thu Dec 11 13:38:00 2003

>From: "Michael Kendix" <mkendix@hotmail.com>

>Yes, it's excellent but I was wondering whether there's a plain wood
>fuselage with CDL wings.  Does any scheme exist like that for the Aviatik
>D.I Berg?  Grzegorz?

According to the datafile,the "Plain"(CDL and varnished ply with blue/grey
metal bits) finish only appeared on a few early D-I's, which were then
probably cammo'd in the field with splotchy green mottling on the top
surfaces. The factory schemes are listed as Autumn Leaf, Streaky(as in
Fokker style) and Lozenged. The DF then goes on to explain all the different
lozenge patterns used.
And while I've got the DF out, I must say, this is one of the better ones
with respect to the "In Detail" section and GA drawings. I difinite must if
you're planning on doing any mods.
Hth...
E.

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com