[WWI] Steam

MARK MILLER wwi@wwi-models.org
Thu Dec 11 09:45:00 2003

Hi
Iíve always had a thing for steam engines, and lately Iíve begun
to seriously consider modeling one
A steam locomotive would be a likely choice, and I would like to
model one eventually, but Iíve been looking at some triple
expansion marine engines that are just too cool to pass up.

This site has some nice photos:
http://www.stfaiths100.freeserve.co.uk/html_files/triplex.htm
I particularly like the Normania and Campania engines.

And then there are the traction engines Ė another personal
favorite
http://www.tvtec.org.uk/Gallery.htm
Traction engine links:
http://www.webtech.co.uk/traction/links.htm

of course, the final decision as to exactly which engine to
model is entirely dependant on reference availability. I would
need detailed plans as well as photographs.
Iíve contacted a guy at Kew Bridge Steam Museum who said that
they might have plans for some of the marine engines in their
archives.

So...
Does anybody have any advice as to how/where I can find this
type of material?

TIA
Mark