[WWI] Our homepage

Crawford Neil wwi@wwi-models.org
Wed Dec 10 08:42:01 2003

>Having built several A.2/A,4 models, I'm always very interested in seeing
>how others handle it. Your example is outstanding. How'd you scratch the
>nacelle?

>sp

Thanks Steve, the sides and bottom were flat plastic bent to shape.
The top was thicker plastic, that I just filed and sanded to the correct
shape, I imagine I removed some plastic from the inside of the hole.
Then I glued it all together, and filled the nose with milliput(?)
if milliput was around in those days. filed to shape.
I think the bottom was done in clear plastic, because I thought
the intake underneath was a window. We were fumbling in the dark in
those days!
/Neil C.