[WWI] self made masks/was Eduard

Witold Kozakiewicz wwi@wwi-models.org
Mon Dec 8 13:21:00 2003

W dniu 08-12-03 15:58, Grzegorz Mazurowski napisał:
> Guys!
> One of my Polish friends (maybe even Tomasz or Witold, I don't remember)
> told me that it is very easy and cheap to get the custom made masks similar
> to Eduard's - you have to draw it in Corel or similar program, and then go
> to advertising/printing company (even some bigger xerocopying facilities may
> have that) and they will cut it for you with laser thingie from your file.
> IIRC even one of the Poles "sold" that idea to Eduard!
> G.

Hi,
That's true. But not laser thigie. Only cutting ploter - I hope it's in
English ;-). the machine used for cutting letters from vinyl foil.

Here is little "how-to" written by Tomasz.
http://www.modelarstwo.org.pl/technika/inne/szablony/index.html
I know - it's in polish but pictures may be useful.
here is my very ot model
http://www.modelarstwo.org.pl/lotnicze/galeria/kozakiewicz/f-4s/index.html
painted with masks made with Corel.
And the mask used for my ot biplane..
http://www.modelarstwo.org.pl/lotnicze/zestaw/classic/boeingp12_48/p12_jan08_17.html
this sheet was cheaper that Eduard mask for cockpit...

--
Witold Kozakiewicz