Re [WWI] Lozenge Decals

Michael Kendix wwi@wwi-models.org
Mon Dec 8 08:54:00 2003

I haven't tried Pegasus's lozenge decals though their A-H Crowns & Crosses
are decent.  The problem with lozenge is that you almost always need to cut
it to shape, so it's vital that the decal be robust, not flake, or create a
rough, flaked edge when cut or trimmed off.

For my money, A/G are easily the best.  Recent (past 5 years) issues of
their lozenge decals do not appear to have the registration or whatever
other problems may have been at issue prior.  The decals are extremely
robust but at the same time, they conform wonderfully well to just about any
surface when I use Solvaset.  I used them to decal the interplane struts on
an SSW D.III - something you couldn't dream of doing with Eagle Strike.
They wrapped around, sucked down and look like they're painted on.

I don't usually have a specific colour undercoat of paint, though I suppose
one of the lozenge colours might be best but I always coat the surface with
Future before using the decals.

Since the cost is about the same, the only reason for not using A/G that I
can think of is that there are payment difficulties because he doesn't take
credit cards.

Michael

Shop online for kidsí toys by age group, price range, and toy category at
MSN Shopping. No waiting for a clerk to help you! http://shopping.msn.com