[WWI] Lozenge Decals

Shane Weier wwi@wwi-models.org
Mon Dec 8 04:20:00 2003

Rob says:

>The colours are matched to the fabric that Silberstrief GmbH used in the
>restoration of various >aircraft (this is a good thing).

It is. And it's also interesting to point out that when the Silberstrief
GmbH fabric was being developed the researchers took their conclusions to Dr
Merrill of Americal Gryphon for comment on whether they got it right.

....an example of museums consulting modellers instead of vice versa.

I also believe that there's less than a coincidental agreement in colour
between the Pegasus and Americal's naval hex.

Shane

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here