[WWI] Painting black in 72nd scale....

Michael Kavanaugh wwi@wwi-models.org
Sun Dec 7 12:25:06 2003

I'm not sure about only "from above" unless all fading, etc. is only from
overhead sun and rain. I suspect
other areas are also affected.  If not overdone, it might reduce the
intensity of the black and
provide a base for area fading and weathering.  It would also keep the
insignia black the same as the
fuselage, assuming they were the same black to begin with (recently
discussed).  IIRC, this technique was
discussed on the list a while back about toning down too bright lozenge,
or lozenge colors that were not
quite right.

FWIW,
Mike Kavanaugh