[WWI] blue tape

Michael Kendix wwi@wwi-models.org
Fri Dec 5 12:09:01 2003

Neil:

I used Tamiya to mask off the light blue on the bottom of the fuselage.  Had
I known and owned the 40mm Tamiya tape, I might have used that. With
acrylics, as you imply, Parafilm is a godsend.

By the way, there is a huge difference between the robustness of the Model
master "Medium Green" and Humbrol "Light blue" that I sprayed.  The MM marks
very easily even though it's enamel, while the Humbrol was totally clean.

Michael

>From: "Crawford Neil" <Neil.Crawford@volvo.com>
>
> >I agree - Parafilm is excellent stuff - I use it to mask and to wrap up
> >stuff easily that I don't want sprayed.
>
>Funny, I think it's a waste of money! I've only used it very occasionally,
>and always use Tamiya tape instead. It's possible our different experiences
>are to do with the kind of paint we use. I use Humbrol with plenty of
>cellulose thinner, so I suppose paint-pulling isn't much of a problem.
>From what I've heard, it is more so with acrylics.
>/Neil C.

Shop online for kidsí toys by age group, price range, and toy category at
MSN Shopping. No waiting for a clerk to help you! http://shopping.msn.com