[WWI] Albatross Kit recommendation

Mike Muth wwi@wwi-models.org
Thu Dec 4 22:29:00 2003

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C3BAB6.14717560

  Ed wondered:
  What kit is recommended for a reasonably priced 1/48 scale Albatross =
DII or III for an intermediate modeler?
  I am looking for something has good fit, good decals and some PE.
  Well, I agree with everyone else that the Eduard kit is the only real =
choice. As between the D-III and D-II, I would go with the D-II, The =
flush attachment to the fuselage for the D-III wings is pretty weak, =
whereas the D-II has a nice snug lower wing/bottom fuselage fit. I just =
started cutting off the D-II stuff from the sprues tonight for my next =
project. The photo etch stuff in the Profi pac is OK, but probably not =
worth the money, if that is a factor. I liked the decal selection in the =
basic D-II: crossed sabers or white bird in flight, In the Profi, there =
are more choices, but pretty boring: 1) # 8; 2) b&w checkerboard; 3) =
Vertical white stripe with 3 black diamonds on it; 4) skull and =
crossbones. Some of the schemes in the Profi call for the white square =
underneath the black crosses, some for the white outline/black crosses. =
The basic kit only has schemes for black crosses with white outlines.
  hth
  Mike Muth

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C3BAB6.14717560

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Ed wondered:</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What kit is recommended for a =
reasonably priced=20
  1/48 scale Albatross DII or III for an intermediate =
modeler?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am looking for something has good =
fit, good=20
  decals and some PE.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well, I agree with everyone else that =
the Eduard=20
  kit is the only real choice. As between the D-III and D-II, I would go =
with=20
  the D-II, The flush attachment to the fuselage for the D-III wings is =
pretty=20
  weak, whereas the D-II has a nice snug lower wing/bottom fuselage fit. =
I just=20
  started cutting off the D-II stuff from the sprues tonight for my next =

  project. The photo etch stuff in the Profi pac is OK, but probably not =
worth=20
  the money, if that is a factor. I liked the decal selection in the =
basic D-II:=20
  crossed sabers or white bird in flight, In the Profi, there are more =
choices,=20
  but pretty boring: 1) # 8; 2) b&amp;w checkerboard; 3) Vertical white =
stripe=20
  with 3 black diamonds on it; 4) skull and crossbones. Some of the =
schemes in=20
  the Profi call for the white square underneath the black crosses, some =
for the=20
  white outline/black crosses. The basic kit only has schemes for black =
crosses=20
  with white outlines.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hth</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike =
Muth</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C3BAB6.14717560--