[WWI] SPAD colors ...

Knut Erik Hagen wwi@wwi-models.org
Thu Dec 4 19:00:00 2003

Hei,

I think the only major European mining operation for FeTiO3 is Kronos Titan
operating on ilmenitt ore in Jossingfjorden (SW part of Norway).
They claim to be the first to produce quantities of TiO2 white pigments from
ilmenitt in Europe, starting in 1916.
As Norway was neutral during WW1, the product would have been available to
either side - but late in the war British pressure blocked part of the
Norwegian trade with Germany on strategic materials.

>From the lists Norwegian geophysicist who returned from Mexico yesterday.

   Eders
 Knut Erik