[WWI] Cowlings of Bentley-Engined Camels

Kerry Lynn wwi@wwi-models.org
Thu Dec 4 17:15:00 2003

Bob,

I didn't notice that.  It explains the curved "lip" that appears
to be riveted to the top of the Bentley cowling in the drawing.
Perhaps the front edge of the hump slipped under this lip.

Also, as Shane mentioned, the diameter of the BR1 cowl increases
from the firewall to the centerline of the cylinders whereas the
Clerget has a constant diameter.  This effect in the photos can
probably best be observed after seeing the drawing.

I wonder, did the guns need to be raised on the Bentley Camels?

-K-