[WWI] Modelling strut end caps

SSH wwi@wwi-models.org
Tue Dec 2 10:51:00 2003

Shane, Lance, Tom, Pedro,
   Thank you all for your suggestions.  Yesterday evening I tried
Shane's technique of crash-moulding, and Lance's tissue paper
approach.
   The crash-moulding did not work out too well, but I didnt try too
hard and I was running short on styrene sheet.  The main problem was
that I could not successfully stretch the plastic far enough to
achieve a tight fit around the strut.
   Lance's idea seems to work very well,   After being impregnated
with white glue, the surface if the tissue is quite smooth, not fuzzy
as I expected.  It also seems to give the right scale effect for
thickness, and among the different materials, it is ofcourse  the
easiest to work.  I am going to try the metal foil approach, but
looks like the tissue idea is a clear winner.
regards
Sanjeev