Re: Pfalz DV

Mick Fauchon (ulmjf@dewey.newcastle.edu.au)
Fri, 29 Jul 1994 11:36:30 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Jul 1994, Victor G Annas wrote:
> Guten Morgen Mick,

Guten Morgen, mein lieber Viktor!

> Yea, Pfalz did produce a DV it was A follow on to the DIII. It
> carried a slightly different epenage and the lower wings connected to the
> fuselage a bit differently. I have an older booklet at home that was
> published in Brittian; it gives a good bit of info on the this bird.

I didn't know that: obviously it didn't make squadron service.

> I'm interested to know how you found the Fokker E III wing was 1
> span short. I didn't see that at all. Of course I was comparing it to
> the OLD Aroura kit that I had to suffer through a couple of years ago.

What's the old Aurora kit like? It was naver available over here.
I compared the wings with 1:72 drawings that appeared in something that I
now can't remember, and enlarged them to 1:48. Might be interresting to
do the same with the drawinggs in the Harleyford book.: I'll do that this
weekend and get back to you (all).

> Who is going to start producing 1/32 nd scale stuff? Now this
> is interesting! Bigger wings, bigger guns, bigger problems; Oh YEA!
> I could get into that.

And the answer is ...... Tom's Modelworks! The already have aat least
a Pfalz DII and DIIIa, with Albatroses, a Pfalz DXII, and some C/CLs (!) in
the pipeline. At the moment I'm waiting on the Pffalz DIIIa.

Cheers,

Mick.

-- --
Mick Fauchon | Internet: ulmjf@dewey.newcastle.edu.au
Reference Section, Auchmuty Library | Ph (intl+61+49) 215861
University of Newcastle, AUSTRALIA | Fax (intl+61+49) 215833

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
M M
M M
M Yosemite Sam : "Cut out that Army talk!..Yer in the Navy now!" M