Re: Halberstadt Cl - IIa

James F Brett (jimbrett@uoguelph.ca)
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 11:20:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Dec 1994 hsr@unx.dec.com wrote:

> <SNIP>
> It appears that the front of the fuselage back to just past the cockpit
> is what they call Flame Red terminated in a red flame decal.
>
> <SNIP> although I have no idea what "Rot." is, but I was hoping
> that someone might have a conversion to what the real Humbrol equivelants are
> and what the 6 color mottle looks like.

Howard, "rot" is the german word for red. As I recall from a review of
the Pegasus kit the colour of the flame shaped decal was matched to
Xtracolour X217 so that there would be no discontinuity in between the
painted forward fuselage and the kit-supplied decal material. I don't
think there is a close match in the Humbrol range. There is a colour
cross reference table which is posted to rec.models.scale. I'll check that.

jim