Re: WWI Event and DII

Thayer Syme (thayer@crl.com)
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 15:47:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 21 Apr 1995, Guy Fawcett (403) 435-7214 wrote:

> >I am not sure I will be able to make it but I am hoping to. I am
> currently starting on an Albatros DII from Steven Stratt's plans. Like

> I'm flattered that you would consider making that long trek to the Great White
> North :-).
>
> Do you belong to the WWI mailing list, Allan Wright the list co-ordinator is
> seriously contemplating the exact project you are starting and would probably
> like hereing from you.

Like so much of the Internet, I seem to find out about great stuff mostly
by random. I had no idea there was a WWI mailing list. I would greatly
appreciate being added to it.

I had the pleasure of meeting Steven Stratt at KRC last Sepember. After
following his work for a number of years it was nice to finally get a
chance to talk to him. I had been thinking of the Albatros for a while
and attending KRC drove the nail home.

I am currently building a DH Tiger Moth for the FAI 15 geared and expect
to be throttled back more often than not. 48" span and @ 4 lbs flying
weight should be pretty good on nearly 700 sq in. The Moth will be my
first 'real' electric model and as such I thought it would be a great
warm up for the DII.

Thanks for the tip on the motor, I was leaning in that direction
already. Now I guess there are few excuses as the Tiger Moth is in the
final stages of radio installation.

Sincerely,

Thayer Syme
San Francisco