Re: Does one scale suit all?

Paul Butler (pgb@kau1.kodak.com)
Wed, 31 May 1995 08:34:02 +1000

Randy

All I can say to your bit about 400-piece cockpits and 600 piecs engines
in 1/72 scale is
_____
\ / / \ \ /
\ /\ / | | \ /\ /
\/ \/ \_____/ \/ \/

How does he do it?

Any way "static" is not a rebuke, just a convenient adjective to describe
a type of modelling activity. I have casually observed the
plastics arena since about 1963 and it would not suprise me that much of the
excellent material that is now available, eg Albatros datafiles, would not
be available in the quantities it is if it wasn't for the market you fellows
provide. I personally collect virtually all Datafiles and Windsock magazines
even though my primary interest is in making my models fly. I have been
collecting suitable information since 1959 (my oldest quality 3-view is of
the Hawker Fury from a 1959 Aeromodeller) and it is only now that I can
afford the models. My wife tells me I will need a factory to house them all
before I die.

Paul