Re: Von Raben ?

Bill Shatzer (aw177@freenet.carleton.ca)
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 14:48:17 -0400

>On Fri, 16 Jun 1995, Matt Bittner wrote:

>Ooops! I don't think v. Raben was ever a member of Jasta 2. I only
>brought up Jasta 2 because I have a whole bunch (8 now) 1/285 Dr.1s, and
>I wanted to paint them up as planes from a single unit (in this case
>Jasta 2 -- or Jasta Boelcke).
>
>To the best of my knowledge, v. Raben was never in Jasta 2, other than
>that, I think Matt's info on him is right on.

Well, the current issue of Over the Front contains a complete roster
of all Jasta 2 flying personnel. I'll check that tonight and post a
definitive answer - I'm *pretty* sure Raben was CO of one of the
Jasta 2 squadrons and *maybe* even the Jasta CO at one time but
I've learned that whenever I shoot from memory without checking
my references, I usually hit my foot! :-)

Cheers, Bill

--
Bill Shatzer - bshatzer@ednet1.osl.or.gov - aw177@FreeNet.Carleton.ca