Don Rinker (Rinker)drinker@fast.net)
Wed, 28 Jun 95 16:05 EDT

On Wed, 28 Jun 95, John Rice <jrice@SEI.CMU.EDU> wrote:
>My list:
>
> Nieuport 28 1/5+ scale
> Sopwith Pup/Triplane 1/5+ scale
> Ablatros DVa 1/5+ scale
> SPAD 1/5+ scale

Good choices, for easy flying here's some other alternatives

SE-5a
Fok D-VII
Junkers D-1
Pfalz D-XII

Any of the above feature long noses for good balance, generally flat
sides fuses, simple wings, generally stable flight characteristics
Anything in 1/5 kitted would be great to see.....
Hmmm, Is there a market for these? As I recall Procotors N-11 was in
1/5 scale rather than 1/4 as the N-28 and D-Va, D-VII (are-were-will be)

>I think a series at about 5'6"-6' span would be a good size.
>Will fit into a vehicle, but big enough to look scale in
>the air. I don't want a hot rod. (I'm not very experienced
>at giant scale, maybe I'm all wet)

Well let's see, A 1/4 scale Fokker Dr-1 would be right about 72"
wing span so that falls into the six foot rule....

Only trouble is it's about 32" TALL !!!!! woahhhhhhh.........
(running away very fast.)

SILVER HILL HISTORIC AVIATION | Research - Photography
4051 Ivy Lane | Special fabrics - Paints
Easton, Pa. 18045 USA | Antique instrumentation