Re: Welcome Thomasa

Matt Bittner (meba@cso.com)
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 12:53:29 -0500

On 27 Jun 95 at 13:12, Graham Collins wrote:

> As far as activities of late; I have been busy flying some of my little
> creations, some rather successfully and others not. I have also been
> building some plastics as well. Currently under construction is an Eduard
> Sopwith Sneider in 1/72 scale although I prefer 1/48 for detail and 1/144
> for lack of detail. 1/72 is large enough that I just gotta add more detail
> but small enough to make if frustrating as well, the best of both worlds I
> guess.

What do you think of the Schneider, Graham? I have two Baby's, but
wasn't too interested in the Schneider. One Baby will be built
"Sopwith-style", and the other I plan on purchasing Rosemont's
Ansaldo conversion.

> I just recently learned that DML is going to release another in its WWI
> series, a 1/48 Sopwith Camel?? Is this, can this, be true? I have in my
> "to do" pile the DR-1 D-VII and D-VIII and will probably add this one as
> well! I like the DML stuff, lots of bang for the buck but do wish that some
> of other types were similarily available. The cost of most kits is quite
> high but once it gets above a certain limit I tend to cringe a bit,
> particularily if my unbuilt pile is quite large, even if its one of those
> that I just gotta have.

From what I've heard - which could be wrong - the Camel is due out
by Christmas. You don't want to hold your breath when dealing with
DML and their release schedules. My biggest dissapointment is that I
wanted DML to put out a Nieuport 17 (surprise, surprise)! Ah well,
maybe next release. Heck, I'd even settle for an Albatros D.III or
D.V(a). This may sound strange, but I long for the day I can choose
between 12 (or so) different manufacturers of Nieuport 17 (like you
can with an Me-109 or FW 190). Wouldn't that be dreamy? Ah, key
word there: "dream".:-)

Matt Bittner
meba@cso.com
Omaha, Nebraska