Re: Spad XIII ...

Matt Bittner (meba@cso.com)
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 10:45:46 CDT

On 25 Jul 95 at 9:51, homer.nwscc.sea06.navy.mil wrote:

> Hi,

Hello, and welcome!

> I was looking for some paint schemes and markings for
> Spad XIIIs assigned to British squadrons. Any help would be appreciated.

What a can! I would recommend - just to start off - to see if you
could get your hands on the Datafile, or even (if you're lucky) the
In Action books. That would be a good start. If you're building
static, then also take a look at the many decals put out for SPAD's.
Granted, if you're dealing with Aero Master or even
Ministry...(forgot the rest of the name), then most of their subjects
are American. Although I don't have it in front of me, the Blue
Rider British sheet(s) might have a 13 subject on it.

I would also check out the Putnam book on the British planes.

Maybe the "new" Glencoe book could be of help, though I would suppose
(since I haven't bought it yet) it's probably mostly American.

Sorry not to amswer you question completely, but hopefully these
suggestions are good starts. Good luck, and let us know what you
find.

Matt Bittner | "The secret of
meba@cso.com | life is enjoying the
Omaha, Nebraska | passage of time."