Re: Guynemer's fate

Don Rinker (drinker@fast.net)
Fri, 4 Aug 95 19:24 EDT

On Fri, 4 Aug 1995, Erik Pilawskii <xopowo@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Chaps,
>
> Another lull....(where's Mick when we need him?...). So, I'll pass
>along this interesting tid-bit, and the question(s) it raises:
> One of my current building themes is a/c of the French Aces. I have a
>SPAD VII that I'm looking to start, but already have done Guynemer's "No.2--
>Veux Charles" machine, amongst others. What to do...?

Just a guess, but how about Fonck ?!!! Nice scheme.. 5 color camoflage,stork,
roman numeral on aft fuse. Big Red Fonck Star on top right wing!!
( I'm a star, a star !!!)

Spa 156 " Les Deux Martinets" is attractive... Five color camo scheme.
Yellow-Gold noses, Gold panel on after fuse with two sylized Martins
in flight...