WWI kids room decorations (was Re: )

Boeke Joseph R (boeke@coral.bucknell.edu)
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:51:03 -0400 (EDT)

I just noticed I forgot to put a subject line in my original message
(bone-headed newbie manuver :) So I have added one...

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Allan Wright wrote:

> It seems to me you should be able to find some fabric in a LARGE
> fabric store that has some sort of Biplanes on it - possibly even
> Snoopy vs. The Red Barron type stuff.

Yes, my wife is going to start looking in the fabric stores for material
for curtains and pillows and what-not (or is that what-knot?).

> Also don;t overlook the possibility of making your own stensels of WWI
> A/C and decorating the ceeling/wall border with them just like the
> stensels used on colonial style houses.

Yes!!! We did that with my daughters room (little multi-colored foot
prints all along the border of her room). Although instead of using
stencils, we used sponges. It turned out very nice (but was a lot of
work), I think that would go over well.

Also, is anyone out there a collector of WWI memoribillia? I was
thinking that some of the old recruiting posters would look cool (wasn't
there a Norman Rockwell print of an Uncle Sam flying?). If anyone knows
how I could find out where to get those types of memoribillia, I would
appreciate it.

Thanks as always...

- Joe
boeke@bucknell.edu