(no subject)

Boeke Joseph R (boeke@coral.bucknell.edu)
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:31:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Matt Bittner wrote:

> On 31 Jul 95 at 14:38, Boeke Joseph R thunk:
>
> > I dug through some old magazines, and I was able to find a set of plans
> > for a "bi-plane rocking horse" (a rocking device that looks like a
> > biplane). With a little planning, I will make this "rocking horse" look
> > like a HB W.19).
>
> Cool! If you make plans of this, let me know. I have a two-month
> old boy, and want to get him into WW1 aircraft as soon as possible.

Will do. The plans were in an old wood-working magazine. I thought the
rockers looked like good floats so the idea popped into my head. Once I
have the plans done I will let you know.

> ...How about the "main" part of the mobile (maybe the non-moving part)
> be a Drachen kite balloon. Then make all the "spinning" aircraft
> Camels, or SPAD's or whatever.

I like that idea!!!

> make all the planes American, then if you can find the sound, make the
> mobile play "Over There" while spinning! :-)

This one is even better, I love it!!! My Grandmother was the first
person to sing "Over There" professionally after Irving Berlin wrote the
song. So there is a little bit of history there as well. Now, I'll
have to find an INTERNET group that knows how to make music boxes :-0

> How about casting the 'plane in that expanding foam - what some
> people use for larger vac-forms?

Hmmm, that might work too. I'll have to see what will be most cost
effective/easiest to do. I am also going to have to prioritize
projects. That mobile will have to go to the top of the list (after
painting the room).

> > Finally, it gives me an excuse (with she who must be obeyed) to continue
>
> There's a phraze we all have to adopt!! That's great!

I wish I could claim credit for it, but I merely borrowed the phrase from
a friend. Please feel free to use it in your messages :)

Thanks!!!

- Joe
boeke@bucknell.edu