Re: Pre-use review...

Brian Bushe (brian@emu.harrier.com)
08 Aug 1995 17:32:53 +0100

In <199508080813.IAA03825@cso.com>, Matt Bittner wrote:
>Ordered, and picked up last night, the "wood-grain (plywood)" decals
>in 1/72nd from PropaqTeam, the Czech decal company. First
>impressions are favorable. You get two sheets of decals,
>approximately 4x3 inches, for around $4.00. They appear thin enough,
>but the first use will tell all.
>
>One word of caution with PropaqTeam's decals: don't soak them very
>long in water. I usually count to 20, then pull them out, and let
>them soak on a tissue, or some such "water absorbtion" material.
>Some of their decals just don't work, as well. While building the
>Goblin, I decided to try and use their wing walk strips, and they
>ended up dissolving in water. Part of that was my fault, since I
>wanted to trim off as much extra film as possible.
>
>From first impressions, I would recommend them. However, I'll
>reserve my final comments until I can actually use them.
>
>My initial use will be the cockpit of the Pegaus Roland D.II I'm
>about to start (once I find more info on the cockpit...).
>

>Matt
>meba@cso.com

Are these finer than those in the 1/48 HB starstrutter kit by eduard?
They struck me as being a bit coarse looking (ie in the grain pattern)
but i haven't seen them on a kit yet. I had trouble with the large
decals on the eindekker so cutting them into 'panels' is probably a
good idea.

brian

--
Harrier Storage Solutions Ltd		Ivanhoe Road
(44) 1734 328 282			Finchampstead