Re: Rigging...

Graham Collins (cmm@vianet.on.ca)
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 18:13:37 -0400

Matt Bittner wrote:

>What do you use for rigging?
>
>For 1/72nd, I use a model railroad product put out by Detail
>Associates. I can't remember the details, but basically, it's brass
>"rod" with a diameter of .006". I use another RR product called
>_Blacken It_ which is a chemical that blackens all metal except for
>stainless steel. I measure each piece as I need it with a pair of
>dividers, and glue with either white, or "super" glue.

I use "gun blue" instead of the RR product, its a bit cheaper and more readily
available. Check out the sporting section at Walmart or Canadian Tire or
what have you. It works well on everthing but stainless steel. Try "bluing"
a pewter scale machine gun with "gun blue" for that real "gun metal"
appearance, you may have to tinker (shading or highlightin) with the final
finish to get the scale effect you are after thou.

Regards

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will
instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more
bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already
happened.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Graham Collins cmm@ViaNet.on.ca