Re: Applying Lozenge Decal Question

Don Rinker (drinker@fast.net)
Wed, 20 Sep 95 06:38 EDT

On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, mala1231@sulu.fb12.TU-Berlin.DE (Martin Lawder) wrote:

>I'm presently building the Pegasus 1/72 Albatros DV straight from
>the box, in a 5 colour lozenge scheme. Pegasus and other references
>say to apply the lozenge spanwise. For the lower mainplane this fits ok,
>but for the upper mainplane there is going to be a join. Now, as the
>suction peak of the aerofoil is near to the leading edge, I would put
>the join near to the trailing edge. Is this how Albatros covered their
>mainplanes ? Advice needed.

If applying it spanwise, there should be a seam line running the length of the
wing about 2/3 up the height of the aileron cutout. DON'T try to match either
the pattern of the ailerons or match the two spanwise pieces.

Silver Hill Historic Aviation Ltd. | Research - Documentation
4051 Ivy Lane | Photography - Paints
Easton, Pa. 18045 | Antique Instrumentation