Re: Judging and GSB

John P. Roll (j-roll@maroon.tc.umn.edu)
Sun, 24 Sep 95 21:03:10 -0500

In message <199509200844.IAA12163@cso.com> writes:

<<Bunch O' Stuff Snipped>>

> However, with "gsb" contests, you are at another
> disadvantage since there will be so much more "other stuff" than WW1.

I am not so sure that this is a disadvantage - although perhaps it's my bias
showing through. I feel, and I think others do too, that a well done WWI model
actually may have an advantage because it 'looks' so hard to do. Now, I haven't
built a lot of WWI stuff lately, but I am told by Mr. Hustad that "It's really
easy. It only looks hard." Insofar as that is true, people may be impressed by
the appearance of difficulty.

My 4 pfennigs.
John Roll